Mazuma mobile is a UK phone recycling company that pays you for sending them your old phone.
Prices can range from a couple of quid to a couple of hundred pounds. Mazuma have paid out a mammoth £110 million so far!
This is how it works:
- You register the sale of your phone on their site and you’ll get a freepost bag
- You then post them your phone
- Once they receive it, you’ll get paid
Will They Stick To Their Word? Are They Known To Scam?
Mazuma is an impressively legit company. In fact, I only stumbled across them as so many users had written positive reviews about them after having trouble with Envirofone (you can check out my Envirofone scam post where I reveal that their less than legit).
My own research then reiterated the initial reviews I read of Mazuma and they certainly do stick to their word.
Phenomenally, reviews company Trust Pilot received 41,550 customer reviews for Mazuma and it received an amazing 9.8 out of 10 which is interpreted as ‘Excellent’.
What Are My Alternatives?
If you want to recycle your phone, go with Mazuma – they’re tried, tested and trusted. If not, you have a few options:
- You can list your phone for sale on eBay. Check the price of similar listings. Some people avoid this due to the hassle associated with dealing with a private buyer but the markup might make it worthwhile.
- Go to a local shop that pays cash for stuff like computers, games and phones. They should be able to give you a quote on the spot.
41,550 reviews can’t be wrong. Mazuma is legit and highly trustworthy.
As expected, they top the legitimacy chart:
Want to make some more cash once you’ve sold your phone? Check out proven, legit money making opportunities out there.